How We Collect Your Personal Information
Claim Your Tax may collect personal information including your application or resume, for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, details of any competency tests or other information relating to your career. We may also collect other types of personal information, such as references and employment objectives during the course of dealing with you. Where practical we collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us by telephone, letter, fax, or e-mail. In some circumstances, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability), your racial or ethnic origin or any criminal record that you may have. Where we collect this type of information we will obtain your consent.
How We Use Your Information
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information:
- to establish and maintain your relationship as a client or candidate of Claim Your Tax, including providing you newsletters, reports and other information;
- to provide the services you have requested from Claim Your Tax;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- to assist us to make Claim Your Tax's services more valuable to our clients and candidates;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to provide the services you have requested, such as psychometric evaluations or other skills tests and, in the case of candidates, to prospective contractors/ employers with your prior consent.
Gaining Access To Information We Hold About You
You can gain access to the personal information we hold about you by written request. A request for access to the personal information we hold about you or in relation To inquiry about privacy should be sent to:
The Privacy Officer, Claim Your Tax Pty Ltd, Level 2/ 13-15 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We will provide information within a reasonable time. We may seek payment for our costs of supplying you with this information.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up-To-Date
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable. We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. We have security procedures in place to protect your personal information. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioners' website www.privacy.gov.au
Despite our efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information on this website, Claim Your Tax declines any responsibility for inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated information that may be posted on this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in its contents. This site contains links to third party sites. Claim Your Tax has not reviewed materials or information posted at websites linked or linking to this site, and therefore, Claim Your Tax hereby disclaims any responsibility for the contents of such sites. Likewise, our linking to a third party website should not be interpreted as a form of endorsement or recommendation for the products or services offered on the third party's site in question.